Friday 9 November 2012

Writer's Blog: Great Lines

Yes Minister

  1. Bernard: Well, "under consideration" means "we've lost the file"; "under active consideration" means "we're trying to find it".
  2. Sir Humphrey: Minister, Britain has had the same foreign policy objective for at least the last five hundred years: to create a disunited Europe. In that cause we have fought with the Dutch against the Spanish, with the Germans against the French, with the French and Italians against the Germans, and with the French against the Germans and Italians. Divide and rule, you see. Why should we change now, when it's worked so well?
  3. Bernard: Shall I file it?
    Hacker: Shall you file it? Shred it!
    Bernard: Shred it?
    Hacker: No one must ever be able to find it again!
    Bernard: In that case, Minister, I think it's best I file it.
  4. Hacker: It's the peoples' will. I am their leader; I must follow them.
  5. Hacker: Don't be silly, Humphrey. They don't ask you to Number 10 for a drink just because they think you're thirsty!
If you're unfamiliar with the series I strongly suggest you check it out. Its very funny for something you would think would be dryer than the Sahara - and it is still relevant today.

I've used Wikiquote for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment